Creative ideas for the whole family to try this summer. The hot weather and the summer holidays are excellent opportunities to develop your creativity by embarking on different DIY projects. Whether you want to add a striking new accessory to your summer collection, a unique decorative item in your home, or you are looking for a manual activity to share with the children, and there are plenty of possibilities. To help you find your favorite craft ideas, we’ve put together a selection of the best sunny tutorials and examples.
#1 DIY wood bead coasters
- Colored felt sheets
- Wooden beads
- Needle and thread
- Glue gun
1. With the wooden beads, make a long garland using the thread and a needle.
2. Put a drop of glue on a piece of felt sheet and glue the end of your garland.
3. Start wrapping the garland in a circle shape while steadily adding glue.
4. Cut off the excess felt.
#2 Customize flower pots in a fun way tutorial
- Old terracotta flower pots
- Brushes and acrylic paint
- Colored polymer clay
- Glue gun
- Clay modeling tool
1. Paint the terracotta pots and let them dry.
2. Make figurines using the colored clay and the modeling tool, following the instructions on the packaging. For example, we cut out a circle in yellow clay and facial features (eyes, lips) in black clay for the smiling emoji and landscape drawing easy.
3. Glue the figurines on the pots.
#3 lemon print sneakers
In summer, refreshing lemon drinks and fruity prints are trendy. That’s why we suggest you give your shoes a new fresh look with a lick of paint and a good mood. For that, we will need:
- Textile paint (yellow, dark yellow or brown, green)
Start by drawing an oval shape in yellow with a small rectangle on the top and bottom of the lemon. Next, color your lemon yellow and use a little dark yellow (or brown) paint and then white to create a more realistic effect on the lemon peel. Next, add two tiny green leaves. Repeat the step several times.
#4 Mini cactus in pasta paste – fantastic idea
- Different types of pasta: penne, rigatoni, spaghetti, shellfish
- Green acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun
1. Combine the different types of pasta to form mini plants. For example, to make a cactus, you can use a rigatoni tube for the body of the cactus and then glue 1 macaroni on each side to mimic the arms of the cactus.
2. Use hot glue to assemble the plants. Glue them in their pots (thimbles).
3. Paint the plants with a coat of green paint.
#5 paper sunflower
- Yellow cardboard plate
- Yellow-orange cardboard plate
- Green cardboard plate
- Black beans
- Wooden stick
- Green paint
- Brush and brush
1. Start by cutting petals from the yellow plates. To do this, cut triangles all around the edge of each dish.
2. Repeat the step with the green plate, but this time cut out larger triangles.
3. Glue the yellow plate on the green leaf. Then glue the yellow-orange plate on the yellow container.
4. Paint the wooden stick with green paint. Leave to dry. We will use the bar to make the stem of the sunflower.
5. Once the stalk has dried, glue it on the back of the green plate.
6. Apply a layer of glue to the yellow-orange plate and place the black beans in the center.
#6 Colorful flowerpots with geometric patterns
- Acrylic paints
- Terracotta flower pots
- Masking tape
Steps to follow:
1. We start by painting a flower pot white. In this tutorial, we applied three coats to obtain a satisfactory result.
2. With the masking tape, tape the shapes onto the jar.
3. Apply a layer of glue.
4. Paint geometric shapes in favorite colors.
5. Gently remove the masking tape.
Share a fun time with the little ones by making pretty cards in the summer spirit. For this, we will need simple materials such as a few sheets of colored paper, crayons, a pair of scissors, and glue. For example, to make a card with ice creams, cut out a triangle and 3 circles from colored paper. It is also possible to use makeup remover pads to remove the ice bubbles. Then, just put the pieces together and glue them on another colored sheet, and you’re ready to go.
Also Read: DIY Creative Ideas For Home Decor