Creative idea of a decoration to do yourself to refresh. One of the main tips in successful interior design is to play with small accents and decorative objects to adapt your interior to the season. And, when it comes to spring, there are thousands of amazing ways to freshen up the home vibe even on a zero budget. For this, DIY projects are the most suitable alternative. So if you are looking for a creative idea of a reclaimed decoration to realize immediately, we invite you to look at the examples and the super simple tutorials below.
DIY flower wreath made of egg carton
- 3 egg cartons
- Bowl and pencil
- Acrylic paints
- Hot glue gun
1. Cut the egg cartons into small flower and leaf shapes.
2. Paint the cardboard figures in various colors. Let it dry well.
3. To make the base of your crown, we will use a large piece of cardboard. Take two bowls of different sizes, place the large bowl in the cardboard center, and use a pencil to trace its outlines. Then take the small bowl, put it in the center of the circle you just drew and draw the outlines. Cut along the contours.
4. Paint the wreath, flowers and leaves green and let dry well.
5. Start decorating the wreath. First, glue the green leaves, then proceed to add the flowers.
Mini geometric ice cream stick shelf: super simple and fun DIY idea
Have you kept a pile of popsicle sticks hidden in the back of a cupboard for a long time just in case you find an opportunity to reuse them? So, we present to you this easy tutorial to make a pretty wall shelf in geometric shape, using your collection of wooden sticks and lotus flower drawing.
- Ice cream sticks
- Hexagon template to print
- Paint and brush (optional)
1. Find a hexagon (or another geometric shape) template, download and print the template.
2. Spread a little glue on each end of the three sticks, then place them on the outlines of the paper hexagon, as shown in the photo below.
3. Take three more sticks and glue them on the sticks of the hexagon to complete the shape.
4. Repeat the previous steps by layering the sticks on top of each other until you get the desired size. In this tutorial, we make 16 layers. Let the glue dry.
5. If you want, you can paint your little shelf. Then, to hang it on the wall, you can add a hanging hook or hang it on two nails in the wall.
Popular reclaimed decoration project
- Vinyl glue
1. We start by applying glue to the bottom of the bottle.
2. Then, we start winding the wire around the bottle, regularly adding a good amount of glue.
3. Finally, we tie a small knot.
4. You can also use different embellishments to decorate your bottles, such as small pompoms, beads, buttons etc.
Original vase in cork stoppers for a home-made decor at the top
- Old glass containers
- Cork stoppers
- Strong glue
Start gluing the corks to one side of your container, adding a good amount of glue regularly. Leave to attach well before moving on to the next side. To finish the vase, glue corks vertically on each side. You can use a knife to trim the corks, if necessary.
How to make a rope lampshade: a creative hobby for adults on no budget
- Plastic bottle
- Marker pen
- Masking tape
- Acrylic paints and brush
Steps to follow:
1. Using a cutter, cut the neck of the bottle.
2. With the same cutter or a pair of scissors, cut off the bottom of the bottle. To help you, you can draw a line around the bottle.
3. Apply glue to the bottle, then start wrapping the rope around the bottle.
4. To decorate the lampshade, you can use a little acrylic paint.
5. To hang the lampshade, you must first unscrew the socket. Next, turn off the power, remove the bulb and unscrew the wire. Finally, pass the thread through the shade and put everything back in place. Again, if you are inexperienced, seek assistance. The most important thing is to use low-consumption light bulbs or LED bulbs to give off very little heat.
DIY decorating idea to enhance your interior or exterior
- Old plastic jar
- Hot glue gun
Another super simple and quick idea to enhance your interior or exterior with pretty exotic-style planters. Completing this project is easy and only takes a few minutes, so this is what it is exactly. Start by cutting the top of the pot using a precision or utility knife. This step is optional, and it is just used to give a cleaner look to the flowerpot. Then glue the burlap to the pot using the hot glue gun, and that’s it!
Paper wall hanging
- Card stock sheets
- Paper clips
- Geometric shapes templates to print
- Embroidery needle
- Wire cutters
1. Start by printing your stencils and cut out the geometric shapes from the sheets of card stock in different colors.
2. Arrange the cut shapes on a smooth surface and create a design you like.
3. Draw small drill holes on each paper shape, then make the holes.
4. Insert paper clips into the holes and assemble the shapes. To pass the paper clip through the hole, it will be necessary to cut the inner part of each paper clip.
Also Read: Free Sources of Manufacturer Coupons